Save the Date!
Friday August 25, 2017 | Skagit Valley College| 9 AM-2 PM (Guest Hours)
The mission to Project Homeless Connect (PHC) is to provide a single location where Health and Social Service Providers collaborate to serve individuals and families experiencing homelessness or that are at-risk of becoming homelessness with comprehensive, holistic, and immediate services. PHC is open to all families and individuals looking to overcome their barriers to stable housing. In past years popular services have included: haircuts, photo ID's, dental care, veterinary care, housing services, clothing, and wonderful lunch.
Skagit Project Homeless Connect would not be possible without the support of dedicated community volunteers that help plan and staff the event. In 2014, over 380 volunteers served as guest guides, intake volunteers, service providers, food hospitality to connect 1379 families and individuals experiencing homelessness or at-risk of becoming homeless to services in Skagit County.
1. Improve access to services for families and individuals experiencing homelessness in Skagit County.
2. Engage with and maintain an active, involved volunteer base that consists of local businesses, non-profits, and individual
community members all working together to end homelessness.
3. Improve the system of care through collaboration and the sharing of best practices among Skagit County's service provider
4. Partner with the private sector, corporations, and foundations to expand service capacity and funds.
5. Increase understanding and empathy for people experiencing poverty and homelessness.
- Hospitality: We treat people as guests
- Immediacy: We provide same-day results for our guests
- Community: We encourage and support voluntary civic engagement
- Partnership: We work across agencies and sectors
- Excellence: We perform rigorous evaluation and strive for improvement of each event